All required documents should be received by the Graduate School by January 15 in order for your application to be complete. Please ensure that your application contains the following:
- Formal application: Complete and submit your formal Graduate School application online.
- Letters of recommendation: At least two letters of recommendation are required.
- Test scores should be sent directly to the Graduate School.
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination): While we do not set a minimum GRE score for admission to the MACR Program, we expect excellent Verbal, Quantitative and Writing test scores.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores are required of all international students whose first language is not English, except those applicants who have graduated from an accredited university where English is the language of instruction. The university-wide minimum requirement is 80 for internet, 213 for computer, and 550 for paper tests. TOEFL scores are not required of US permanent residents and US naturalized citizens
Application materials are due January 15. The admissions committee will begin review of applications in late January to early February. Please be aware that international applicants must be accepted by the Graduate School no later than April 1 to allow sufficient time for immigration processes and travel arrangements.
Prospective students seeking scholarships and loans should contact the Virginia Tech Office of University Scholarships and Financial Aid for financial aid deadlines.
Fees and Tuition Rates
Degree seeking applicants must pay a $65 non-refundable application fee. Non-degree applicants and those former students who wish to re-admit must pay a non-refundable $25 application fee. For additional information about tuition and fees, please go to the Virginia Tech Bursar's office.
The application process is completed entirely online. The $65 non-refundable application fee is valid for one year.
You can track your application’s progress online once it has been submitted and processed. The Graduate School will send you an e-mail providing instructions for checking your application status.
Once an applicant submits an application, the MACR Program Admissions Committee will review the applications and make a recommendation to the Program Director. Upon the MACR program director’s recommendation, the Graduate School will make the final decision, and a letter from the dean of the Graduate School is sent to inform the student of the decision. Please allow sufficient time for the decision to be made.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the MACR Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.